Today we’re introducing the staff at the Bella Figura flagship store — a talented duo with over 30 years of combined experience when it comes to custom stationery. Find out what they’re loving for current wedding trends, their favorite place to grab lunch on the Upper East Side, and their favorite ways to spend free time in the city!
As a paper lover, you can usually find me perusing the aisles of local art stores looking for the latest craft products. As an avid cardmaker and rubberstamper, I love making handmade cards, and my home can only be described as a mini arts and crafts store. My artwork has been featured in The Stamper’s Sampler, Take Ten, 1000 Handmade Greetings Cards and NY Japion Newspaper. I received my Bachelor’s Degree from New York University in Graphic Communications. After completing my tenure at NYU, my love for paper grew and I worked at some of the top paper stores in the city before joining the Bella Figura team. During my downtime, I love to travel to Disney World and create fun toddler activities for my nieces and nephew.
Su-Queen’s 5 Favorites
- Favorite part of working at the Bella Figura flagship store: Working with clients to help them create their invitation suite and seeing the finished product.
- Favorite Bella Figura design: Stardust
- Favorite wedding trend: Printed patterns for bridesmaid dresses.
- Favorite spot to grab lunch on the Upper East Side: Flex Mussels
- Favorite thing to do in the city: Rubber stamp shopping at The Ink Pad.
I have enjoyed a long time romance with beautiful fine papers and the printed word. I might like to attribute my long stay in the industry due to a background in the fine and performing arts. I have worked at many memorable stops along the way, including the iconic Kate’s Paperie. When I am not at Bella Figura, you might find me in a deluge of gemstones that evoke the sea, stars and sand. My unending passion for found objects, vintage beads, and talismans has inspired me to create jewelry, and explore the different cultures they reflect. At times, I have had to become a bona fide sleuth in search of the perfect piece. And then the adventure becomes part of the experience. Currently living in Brooklyn where I was born, I have enjoyed being a part of the Brooklyn Museum’s seasonal pop-up shops and selling to other artisan brick-and-mortar shops.
Mariana’s 5 Favorites
- Favorite part of working at the Bella Figura flagship store: My favorite part of work is our customers, I love hearing the love stories of our brides and grooms. And then, the happy ever after is when we receive their wedding invitation samples.
- Favorite Bella Figura design: Give me a Tristan invitation with a twist of customization in it.
- Favorite wedding trend: My new color trend is copper with marsala.
- Favorite spot to grab lunch on the Upper East Side: Chicken and rice from Mohammed’s Food Truck.
- Favorite thing to do in the city: I am always up to explore any new neighborhood or curiosity I have not known. Escape is the key here.
Typography, paper and print. It doesn’t get any better than that. Before joining Bella Figura I spent many years in advertising as a designer and production artist, where the digital world rules. It’s wonderful to get back in touch with the basics of printing on paper and the thing I love most – stationery. One of the perks of living in New York is the wealth of inspiration that surrounds you. One of those things that interest me the most are objects that are handmade – and the people that make them. I love to talk to artisans and hear their story or discuss their process. They inspire me to create something by hand. So in my free time, I like to make hand printed gift tags and gift wrap. I also like to experiment with silk-screen printing on fabric. It’s exciting to create something and good for the soul – whatever that creation might be.
nancy’s 5 favorites
- Favorite part of working at the Bella Figura flagship store: Sharing the joy with the bride and groom when we see the printed invitations for the first time.
- Favorite Bella Figura design: Oh – I can’t pick just one!
Favorite wedding color palette: I like neutral shades with a touch of something unexpected.
Favorite spot to grab lunch on the Upper East Side: A slice at Little Vincent’s Pizza is always good.
Favorite thing to do in the city: I love to browse around different neighborhoods – then find a good spot to have a cup of coffee and people watch.
If you’re planning a visit to New York City (or perhaps you’re a local), stop by and meet our team! The Bella Figura flagship store is located at 1031 Lexington Avenue (at 74th Street) on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and is open every day at 11am. Walk-ins are welcome, or you can make an appointment on our website today.