If you’re looking for a design that’s one of a kind, consider using our custom design services. We bill $250 / hour to design a custom illustration, and custom illustrations generally take between 2-4 hours to create—but once we’ve made your illustration, there is no additional charge to build the actual invitation, reply card, and additional pieces of your set. We send an estimate of design hours before we get started. Please allow an additional 3 business days for custom design. For a custom design quote, please fill out and submit this custom design request form.
Your job is to dream, and our job is to create your dream. With 24,000 square feet of space, 80+ employees, 20+ antique letterpresses, and an overwhelming passion for fine printing, we’re one of the most established letterpress shops in the U.S. This means our capabilities are nearly endless: create custom envelope liners, add a colorful foil edge, die cut your invitations, and more.
Make your invitations or save the dates completely unique by adding a supplied image! Just send us a high quality image (resolution of 300 DPI or higher) when you submit your order. Your designer will confirm that the image will work before incorporating it into your design. Digital printing is available on our 1-ply Bella Smooth Cotton paper and envelope liners. We can duplex your digitally printed pieces for an additional cost.
We design our custom maps so they capture the spirit and look of your wedding invitations. Even with the prevalence of phones with GPS, a letterpress or foil custom map can elevate directions into a work of art. The complexity and size of your map may affect design time, but we will always let you know an hourly estimate before we get started. Please allow an additional 3 business days for map design, and check out our guidelines below about how to submit your map information to us.
Submitting an order for a custom map
We recommend using the following process to provide us with all of the information we need:
- Go to googlemaps.com.
- If you have an account, sign in. If you don’t, create one (it’s free and easy!)
- Click on “my places” near the top left corner.
- Click on the red “create map” button.
- Title it and choose your privacy settings (we recommend unlisted). Save it.
- Find the first exact location on the map that you would like us to note. Click “Save to map”, and choose the map you just created.
- Click on the blue mark that just popped up, and retitle it with the name of that location so we know what goes there.
- Repeat with all locations.
- Once you’re done, click “collaborate”. Invite us (firstname.lastname@example.org), and let us know which style map you’d like. Make sure to mention your name so we know who to contact, and we’ll be in touch!
It’s easy to add your own photograph, illustration, calligraphy, or other artwork to your design. Send a high quality image with a resolution of 300 DPI or higher, if possible. We’ll work with you to make sure the printing works well for the artwork you submit. We’re also happy to help if the submitted artwork isn’t ready yet.
Wondering how to design and prepare your files for letterpress? Download our file prep tips for letterpress printing (pdf).
Please contact us with a description of your letterpress printing project—using as much descriptive language and details as possible—and we will pull together a quote for you. You can also request a custom design quote by filling out this form.